Position Title: Cook
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Division: Head Start
Pay Grade: 4
Work Hours: 80 bi-weekly, Mon.-Fri., 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
Work Location: LLC
Administers and promotes healthy nutrition programs. Assists Nutritionist and Teacher to administer special nutrition projects for Head Start children and families. Prepares meals. Performs all duties in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards, federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and CAA policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Under General Supervision:
1. Communicates planned meals with parents, teachers, and public by producing and distributing menus.
2. Manages effective food and supply inventory system in accordance with regulatory standards.
3. Prepares healthy meals to meet the nutritional needs of children at Head Start Centers.
4. Works with the Teaching Staff and the children on monthly food experiences.
5. Completes monthly reports, including Child and Adult Food Program (CACFP) Monthly Reports.
6. Monitors activities in the kitchen to ensure that practices meet local, state, and federal guidelines.
7. Checks delivered foods for quality control of quantities and standards.
8. Acknowledges accurate deliveries with approval and forwards bills/receipts to manager.
9. Administers nutrition program with high quality service and confidentiality for the Head Start children and families.
10. Maintain a level of good work attendance.
11. Work in conjunction with the RD to deliver quality meals that appeal to children.
12. Maintains a good level of attendance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by staff assigned to this job classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Additionally, C-HCCAA management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The incumbent must have:
1. High School diploma or GED.
2. One year of customer service experience.
3. Two (2) years of food preparation and/or catering experience.
4. Demonstrated ability and an interest in working with children.
5. Experience working with diverse populations, including low to moderate-income families.
6. Ability to work in an education environment with infants and toddlers.
7. Ability to track information, interpret data, produce reports, and to resolve problems.
8. Willingness to accommodate planned and unplanned travel, to and from Head Start Center and other C-HCCAA or meeting/conference locations, including overnight and/or out of town travel.
9. Able to cook for large groups, with efficiency.
10. Attendance at the assigned work site(s) required.
11. A valid driver’s license must be maintained throughout employment with CAA.
12. Valid automobile insurance must be maintained throughout employment with CAA.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Typical kitchen and child care center environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
a. Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment;
b. Stand, walk, bend, kneel, stop, and reach;
c. Lift up to 60 lbs. using all safety precautions;
d. Work in both warm and cold temperatures;
e. communicate with parents, teaching staff, and site managers;
f. See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents.
Reports to: Early Childhood Principal
Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Functions, Qualifications, Requirements and Physical Demands listed in this job description represent the essential functions of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The listed Job Functions do not necessarily include all activities that the incumbent may perform.
Your employment with the Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency is entered into voluntarily or “at-will,” meaning that both you and the employer may end the employment relationship with or without reason, cause or notice unless otherwise prohibited by law. You are free to terminate your employment at any time, with or without cause. Similarly, C-HCCAA has the right to terminate the employee’s employment, or otherwise alter an employee’s position, duties, title or compensation at any time, with or without cause or notice. Therefore, the only employment relationship that exists is one terminable at will by either the employee or C‑HCCAA.
To apply for this job please visit www.cincy-caa.org.