Position Title: Assessment and Development Coach
FLSA Status: SNE-FWW
Division: Head Start
Pay Grade: 8
Work Hours: Varies by site operation, evenings and weekends required
Work Location: LLC
Implements and provides oversight of Early Childhood Development services that ensure delivery of quality services to children and families in compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, local, state and federal laws and regulations, and CAA policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Under General Supervision:
1. Establish effective relationships and collaborations with management, education coordinators, supervisors/specialist, trainers, and community partners to establish practice-based coaching, mentoring, and training for professional development that ensure program achievement in kindergarten readiness goals and positive child outcomes.
2. Conducts CLASS Assessment, observation, and modeling for education staff in alignment with Head Start/EHS Framework and research-based curriculum to promote age –appropriate practices, planning, and objectives that meet the benchmarks for achievement of the program goals.
3. Coordinate and implement plans for professional feedback, training, and reflective coaching that will support individual areas of concern and growth. Aligning the education and professional objectives to the professional development plans (PDP) and quality services for children and families.
4. Assist education staff and supervisors/specialist in the selection of educational materials, equipment, and modifications that support and strengthen teaching practices and learning environments for HS/EHS classrooms/programs in accordance with the Head Start Performance Standards and State Licensing requirements.
5. Develop and implement Teacher-Mentor coaching system and training modules in compliance with Early Head Start/Head Start objectives and program goals. Providing feedback, cross training and guidance to Teacher=Mentors and education staff in all education area, including, but not limited to, disabilities, transitions, assessment tools, classroom modifications/adaptations, and individualized objectives in collaboration with Education Coordinator/Education Supervisor/Specialist.
6. Plan, coordinate, and facilitate events, professional Learning Communities, trainings, workshops, and credentialing courses that promote staff development; Pre-Service/In-Service, Village Retreat, ECE, EHS, CDA, FCP, Leadership, and Health.
This is a list of primary job functions. Other duties may be assigned
as necessary for the successful operation of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The incumbent must have:
1. A Masters Degree in Education/Early Childhood Education, or approved relevant field from an accredited college or university and three (3) years teaching experience. May consider a Bachelors Degree in Education/Early Childhood Education, or approved related field with six (6) years teaching experience.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of diverse cultures.
4. Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Office applications.
5. Experience working with diverse populations, including low to moderate-income families.
6. Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties required.
7. Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Includes both a typical office and classroom environment, with both minimal and direct exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues and local travel; including, exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards.
a. Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment;
b. Talk and hear;
c. See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents;
d. Lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
e. Physically able to actively engage with infants/toddlers/preschool children in an Early Head Start/ Head Start classroom environment.
Reports to: Staff Development Manager
Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Functions, Qualifications, Requirements and Physical Demands listed in this job description represent the essential functions of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The listed Job Functions do not necessarily include all activities that the incumbent may perform.
Your employment with the Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency is entered into voluntarily or “at-will,” meaning that both you and the employer may end the employment relationship with or without reason, cause or notice. You are free to terminate your employment at any time, with or without cause. Similarly, C-HCCAA has the right to terminate the employee’s employment, or otherwise alter an employee’s position, duties, title or compensation at any time, with or without cause or notice. Therefore, the only employment relationship that exists is one terminable at will by either the employee or C‑HCCAA.
To apply for this job please visit www.cincy-caa.org.