Position Title: Administrative Assistant (Support)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Division: Head Start
Pay Grade: 6
Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., 80 bi-weekly, requires evenings and weekends.
Work Location: LLC
Assists with the coordination of office and communications activities for Head Start (direct) programs. Support program management staff to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. Keeps official records and executes administrative procedures as determined by, or in conjunction with, the Head Start Leadership Team and the Grantee Services/Education Administrator. Performs all duties in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards, federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and CAA policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Under General Supervision:
1. Prepares, maintains and generates correspondence; reports, and forms for program needs.
2. Receives, sorts and distributes incoming mail and updates documentation and reports.
3. Schedules appointments (i.e. interview, meetings, and trainings).
4. Facilitates staffing of special project such as meeting coordination, attendees and record keeping.
5. Facilitate planning meetings, group meetings, and staff meetings
6. Review for approval and process requisitions, check requests, and purchase orders for self-operation programs and sites.
7. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
8. Attends and participates in Head Start functions, which includes public information campaigns and enrollment/registration drives.
9. Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
10. Maintains current computerized/hard data filing systems.
11. Assists in the preparation of programs, including reports and funding applications.
12. Maintains confidentiality in all areas.
This is a list of primary job functions. Other duties may be assigned
as necessary for the successful operation of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The incumbent must have:
1. An Associate degree in Business Education, Office Management, Secretarial Science, or a related field, with one (2) years of administrative support experience, or a High School diploma/GED, with four (5) years of administrative support experience. Knowledge of Early Childhood practices desired.
2. Advanced computer experience in Microsoft Office Software applications.
3. Exceptional interpersonal communication skills to effectively work with staff, funding agency representatives, program participants, and community stakeholders.
4. Proficiency in business communication techniques, automated office equipment and telecommunications systems and equipment.
5. Experience working with a diverse population, including executives and low to moderate-income families.
6. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
7. Exceptional inter-personal skills, with self-confidence, good telephone etiquette, and attention to details.
8. Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
a. Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment;
b. Talk and hear;
c. See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents;
d. Lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Reports to: Education Director
Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Functions, Qualifications, Requirements and Physical Demands listed in this job description represent the essential functions of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The listed Job Functions do not necessarily include all activities that the incumbent may perform.
Your employment with the Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency is entered into voluntarily or “at-will,” meaning that both you and the employer may end the employment relationship with or without reason, cause or notice. You are free to terminate your employment at any time, with or without cause. Similarly, C-HCCAA has the right to terminate the employee’s employment, or otherwise alter an employee’s position, duties, title or compensation at any time, with or without cause or notice. Therefore, the only employment relationship that exists is one terminable at will by either the employee or C‑HCCAA.
To apply for this job please visit www.cincy-caa.org.