North College Hill City Schools
North College Hill City School
Position Title: Media Specialist (Revised July 2022)
Reports To: Building Principal and Technology Director/Coordinator
Approved By: North College Hill Board of Education
GENERAL DESCRIPTION Monitors and coordinate the district’s media programs and technology equipment in accordance with the district curriculum and district and state guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Evaluate, select, and order materials and equipment for the media centers. Assist teachers in the selection of books and other instructional materials, and makes media center materials available to support and enrich the curriculum.
• Organize and maintain media center records and reports.
• Establish cataloging and classification procedures in accordance with acceptable state standards.
• Plan the organization and relocation of collections as well as removal of outdated books and materials in accordance with Board policy.
• Compile and distribute to teachers a list of new materials added to the collection.
• Research, evaluate, order, catalog, and classify all new materials.
• Initiate projects and activities relating to media resources.
• Provide orientation and instruction in the usage of library materials and services.
• Provide access to all types of information to students and staff.
• Participate in community and professional activities as related to the functions of the media center.
• Coordinate educational services and programs available through outside sources.
• Monitor the use of audiovisual equipment.
• Monitor the use of media center computers and technological equipment.
• Research and evaluate new technologies.
• Assist in the distribution and collection of technological equipment.
• Provide break/fix for Chromebooks, PCs, and other technological equipment.
• Assist in making modifications in the Google Admin Console.
• Supervise media center student aides and student librarians.
• Evaluate the media center program and services annually to establish new policies and services as needed and to determine needs to update technology. Create media center displays.
• Assure implementation of bookkeeping system for fines/lost book fees. Maintain integrated computerized catalog system, including check-in and checkout of materials and books.
• Keep media center clean, sanitized, safe and orderly including equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
This position will require the employee to supervise students utilize the media center.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Educational Aide Permit
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Good written, verbal communication and organizational skills
• Enjoys working with school-aged children
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Educational Aide Permit issued by the Ohio Department of Education
Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, colleagues and administration. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write routine reports and documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, parents, agencies, teachers or members of the school community. Ability to effectively present information to administration, staff, public groups, and/or Board of Education.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory based on school objectives. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, peers, parents and community; ability to speak clearly and concisely in written or oral communication. Ability to use computers where applicable. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the indiv iduals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned .
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.