EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANTS – Springboro Junior High School
Works with pupil(s) with identified special needs, in an effort to provide them with the academic and emotionalsupport needed to gain full benefit from the district’s special education program. Reports to the building principal.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Assists studentsin completing academic assignments and self-help tasksin all curricular areas, working towards completion of IEP goals and objectives.
2. Works with small groups of studentsto reinforce material introduced by the teacher.
3. Accompanies student(s) on classfield trips or community experiences.
4. Serves as a resource person, if and when requested, to the evaluation team conferring about the assigned students.
5. Demonstratesregular and predictable attendance.
6. Assiststhe student(s) to whom assigned in such physical and personal daily tasks
7. Demonstrates positive relationship with students,staff and parents.
8. Establishes, asfully as possible, a supportive and sympathetic relationship with students.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Valid Ohio Educational Aide Certificate (may be obtained after employment)
2. Must possess valid Ohio driver’s license
3. Must pass criminal background check
4. Must be able to perform heavy lifting.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Effective Date: 2022/2023 school year
2. Terms of Employment: One-year probationary contract.
3. Hours of Work: 7.25 hours per day / 193 Day contract
4. Salary and Benefits: Starting salary $15.97/hour and benefits as approved in the current negotiated agreement.
The Springboro Community City School District is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER in compliance with Section 504 of the REHABILITATIONACT OF 1973.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.