ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT / HUMAN RESOURCES
SUMMARY: Plans, coordinates, and supervises the operation of the Human Resources office in such a way as to enhance the morale of school district personnel, promote the overall efficiency of the school district, and, thus, maximize the educational opportunities available to each individual student.
DUTIES AND PERFORAMCE EXPECTATIONS:
1. Directs HR staff, policies and practices that support the network to recruit, develop, manage, support and maintain a diverse, group of professionals.
2. Serves as the superintendent’s designee and acts as superintendent when superintendent is unavailable or absent.
3. Plans and directs a program for selection and assignment of the best qualified staff member for all employee classifications and personnel.
4. Oversees collection and maintenance of employment applications in all areas of district employment.
5. Screens employment applications and interviews cooperatively, with building Principals and other Directors/Supervisors, as appropriate, all candidates for employment.
6. Completes background records checks, reviews licensures, checks references, and verifies prior employment on all final candidates.
7. Recommends all final candidates to the Superintendent for interviewing and subsequent recommendation to the Board of Education.
8. Oversees all employment nomination forms of candidates recommended for employment, verifying classifications, placement on the salary schedule, and EMIS categories.
9. Certifies classifications and salaries to the Treasurer’s office, including the evaluation of transcripts for placement and lateral movement on the salary schedules.
10. Interviews and recommends a corps of substitute employees for assignment in the district schools and support classifications.
11. Maintains adequate personnel records for all school employees.
12. Manages university student teacher agreements and placements in the school district.
13. Manages FMLA process and leave requests.
14. Actively utilizes the Ohio Department of Education’s Human Capital Resource Center for best practice strategies.
15. Promotes positive employee relations.
16. Develops and oversees SCCSD employee retention plan – engages district administration with retention strategies.
17. Ensures employee handbooks are created, updated annually and distributed.
18. Manages Tuition Reimbursement.
19. Handles employee discipline issues and works with union representation for dispute resolution.
20. Promotes strong union relationships.
21. Organizes, in cooperation with Principals and Supervisors, new employee orientations.
22. Oversees employee licensure; notifies employees when licenses are due for renewal.
23. Provides Administrative support to Local Professional Development Committee.
24. In conjunction with the Treasurer, liaison between the school district and various employee insurance vendors.
25. Serves as the district’s health insurance administrator, answering employee questions and concerns regarding insurance benefits.
26. Completes periodic reviews of insurance benefits and insurance costs, in conjunction with the Treasurer, recommending premium modifications as necessary.
27. Coordinates the district health insurance committee in an effort to create awareness among employees of insurance benefits and use of those benefits.
28. Plans, develops, and revises personnel and benefits management policies in accordance with State laws for submission to the Board for adoption.
29. Maintains, regularly reviews, and updates job descriptions for all employees in the school district.
Supervises and evaluates all staff of the Human Resources office.
30. Assists, as appropriate, in negotiations with district employee bargaining units.
31. Attends Board of Education meetings and other such meetings to effectively implement the responsibilities associated with the position.
32. Completes and returns reports on a timely basis.
33. Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
34. Coordinates district workers compensation program.
35. Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
1. Master’s Degree.
2. Valid Ohio Superintendent License required.
3. Three (3) years of experience as a school administrator, with experience in personnel and employment benefits preferred.
4. Must possess valid Ohio driver’s license.
5. Must pass criminal background check.
6. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
· Effective Date: 2022-2023 School Year, August 1st
· Salary and Fringe Benefits: Based on current negotiated agreement.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.