Springboro High School
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, provides for early identification of individual differences; provides individual and group counseling opportunities; and acts as a liaison with students, parents, teachers, administrators and outside resources in Grades 9, 10, 11, 12.
DUTIES AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
1. Aids students in course and subject selection.
2. Acquaints students (and their parents) with college entrance requirements, and helps them make a realistic comparison between the student’s record and abilities and the specific entrance requirements of the college(s); and all other duties regarding students’ applications for college and technical schools including financial aid and testing.
3. Assists with student scheduling and building the master schedule for the High School.
4. Oversees the calculation of grade point averages and class rankings and the processing of transcripts.
5. Works to discover the special abilities of students.
6. Remains readily available to student so as to provide counseling that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding, and maturity.
7. Works to resolve students’ educational handicaps.
8. Co-ordinates with the P.S.A.T., A.C.T., S.A.T., and other college entrance exams.
9. Registers students new to the school and orients them and their parents to school procedures and the school’s varied opportunities for learning.
10. Works with both staff, students and parents regarding 504 and other educational plans.
11. Works to prevent students from dropping out of school.
12. Works with students and parents on an individual basis in the solution of personal problems related to such problems as home and family relations, health and emotional adjustment, drug and alcohol concerns.
13. Guides students in their participation in school and community activities.
14. Assures that cumulative records are kept up-to-date and accurate.
15. Confers with parents.
16. Arranges for tutors and summer school work as appropriate.
17. Coordinates standardized testing program.
18. Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
• Valid Ohio Guidance Certificate/License
• Masters or advanced degree
• Two (2) years or more experience of classroom teaching preferred
• Must pass criminal background check.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Effective Date: 2022/2023 School Year
• Length of Employment: One-year limited contract with potential extended days.
• Salary and Fringe Benefits: Based on current negotiated agreement
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.