Springboro High School
ASSISTANT COOK – PART TIME
Springboro High School 4.25hrs
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, assists with preparation and serving of foods; also cleans kitchen and equipment. Reports to the Food Service Manager.
DUTIES AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Assists with delivery and storage of food and supplies.
2. Demonstrates recommended methods of measuring and weighing ingredients; serves correct food portions.
3. Operates kitchen equipment (e.g., mixers, slicers, dishwashers, steamers, stoves, ovens, etc.) to assist with preparation of meals.
4. Assists in maintaining dining room and kitchen equipment in a clean and sanitary manner following health department regulations; defrosts and cleans walk-in freezers; washes tables, cleans meat slicers, stoves, oven, etc., according to approved standards.
5. Reports accidents and potential hazards to the Head Cook.
6. Assists in rotating and dating stock and supplies and properly storing food.
7. Removes food from freezer and other storage as requested.
8. Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
9. Attends job related training classes and workshops.
10. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Must be 18 years of age and in good health.
3. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
4. Ability to operate institutional food preparation equipment.
5. Must maintain positive relationships with staff, administrators, students, and parents.
6. Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license.
7. Must pass criminal background check.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Effective Date: 2022/23 school year
2. Type of Contract: One-year probationary
3. Hours of Work: 4.25 hours per day / 186 day contract
4. Salary and Benefits: Starting salary $14.11 hour and benefits as approved in the current negotiated agreement.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.