North College Hill Middle School
North College Hill Schools
Position Title: Clinic Health Aide
Reports To: District Nurse and Building Principals Approved By: North College Hill Board of Education
GENERAL DESCRIPTION and GOAL Independently manages the health room by maintaining the health and records of students and communicates with parents and staff regarding the students’ health by performing the following duties. The aide goals are to implement the basic principles of student centered care to achieve a healthier, safe, and ready to learn population.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Maintains the school clinic by assisting injured or ill students, measure vital signs including pain, pulse, blood pressure, and respirations. Comfortable with using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and Basic Life Support (CPR).
• Provides first aid and assesses the severity of illnesses and injuries and refer to District Nurse as needed.
• Check blood glucose by finger stick and perform other diabetes care.
• Screens students for head lice on an as needed basis or referral.
• Maintains student health cumulative records, emergency medical forms and current immunizations.
• Maintains and monitors medicine administration, include calling to inform parents of low or expired medications.
• Communicates with parents regarding students’ illnesses, health concerns and failed screenings.
• Collaborates with teachers and administration regarding specific health needs.
• Accurately maintains documented and verbal confidentiality regarding student health records, medication and health information, and other health related incidents in a timely fashion.
• Provides the Building Principal and the District Nurse the names of students not in compliance with immunization.
• Notifies the District Nurse of student exclusions and excessive absences
• Develops a Medical Alert List for the school population and provides copies to the District Nurse and Building Principals.
• Inspects children for common communicable and nuisance diseases when referred by school personnel and then refer them to the District Nurse.
• Conducts vision and hearing screenings according to the Ohio Department of Health guidelines and level of training.
• Compiles logs and files district incident reports and provides communication between nurses, health aides and staff.
• Stock and maintain clinic supplies and inform District Nurse when supplies are needed in several weeks advance.
• Keep clinic clean, sanitized, safe and orderly, including all equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Good written, verbal communication and organizational skills.
• Enjoys working with school-aged children.
• Experience as a State tested nurse aide, Patient Care Assistant, Medical Assistant, nursing student etc. (preferred not required).
• Minimum of 72 quarter credit hours or 48 semester hours (preferred not required).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, North College Hill Schools
REGISTRATIONS Valid Educational Aide Permit issued by the Ohio Department of Education First Aid training and CPR certification is required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, colleagues and administration. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write routine reports and documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, parents, agencies, teachers or members of the school community. Ability to effectively present information to administration, staff, public groups, and/or Board of Education.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory based on school objectives. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, peers, parents and community; ability to speak clearly and concisely in written or oral communication. Ability to use computers where applicable. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies. and keep unchaotic environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Ability to work under pressure at times The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to person assist with a hydraulic 1 0 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to lift in a safe manner.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those 50 pounds, for 250 pounds 1 to 2 e an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned .
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.