North College Hill High School
North College Hill City School District
Position Description Position Title: Building Secretary
Location: North College City Schools
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Principal
SUMMARY: Serves as secretary to the principal and as a facilitator for the school/public being served in communicating information, problem-solving, materials acquisition, cash handling, and record keeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
• Positively and professionally interfaces with district parents, community, & staff
• Types, prepares, distributes, files, records/reports, correspondence, mailings, etc. related to building functions and principal needs
• Maintains school records and files for building, principal, and related requirements
• Prepares requisitions
• Greets the public, responds to questions, schedules appointments, routes calls to appropriate persons
• Updates files
• Maintains substitute system, including building preferred substitute list
• Maintains payroll
• Maintains confidentiality of student records
• Prepares outgoing mail and routes incoming mail
• Prepares and updates student and staff handbooks
• Updates the building information for the district website and electronic sign board
• Inventories, orders, and maintains supplies
• Prepares and distributes meeting agendas
• Performs routine maintenance/troubleshooting on office hardware/machinery (computer, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, etc.)
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma (minimum) and related experience or training LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence using correct grammar, spelling, and sentence structure. Ability to speak effectively and courteously to individuals and groups.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to convert college/university quarter hours to semester hours. Ability to convert Continuing Educational Units (CEUs) to semester hours.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to type and operate a computer and related software. Ability to learn and use desktop publishing software. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform essential functions. ties While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The noise level in this environment is quiet to moderately loud.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.