Springboro Schools/Springboro Junior High School
Springboro Junior High School
Social Studies Teacher (7th Grade)
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, provides daily instruction to assigned students; prepares daily lesson plans; supervises participation in curricular, co-curricular, and related activities. Reports to the building principal.
DUTIES AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
1. Provides instruction to assigned students; prepares daily lesson plans utilizing textbook materials, supplemental instructional materials, audio and visual aids, critical thinking skills, courses of study, etc.
2. Supervises and disciplines students (e.g., classroom, hallways, restrooms, lunchroom, assemblies, bus duty, etc.) following the student discipline code.
3. Evaluates students through the utilization of teacher made tests, standardized tests, and observations.
4. Provides behavioral and academic intervention for students as needed.
5. Follows and utilizes Individual Educational Plans for those students identified and assigned for instruction.
6. Performs required supplemental duties (e.g., takes attendance, grade card reporting, interim reports, book orders, supply orders, emergency medical forms, insurance forms, fee collections, student cumulative folders, bulletin boards, etc.).
7. Schedules and confers with parents periodically. Confers with school personnel (e.g., principal, teachers, counselor, psychologist, supervisors, etc.) as necessary.
8. Inventories assigned facility areas and provides inventory data to the building principal’s office. Requisitions supplies, textbooks and equipment as needed.
9. Participates in and helps supervise emergency preparedness drills (e.g., tornado, fire, etc.).
10. Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
11. Participates in professional development activities, including in-services, workshops, seminars, and conferences.
12. Serves on education related committees (e.g., curriculum, course of study, textbook, etc.).
13. Participates in co-curricular and school community activities.
14. Performs other duties required in job description and as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree
• Valid Ohio teaching license/certificate with proper certification for grade level
• Must pass criminal background check.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Effective Date: 2022-2023 School Year,
• Length of Employment: One Year Limited Contract
• Salary and Fringe Benefits: Based on the current negotiated agreement.