The Greater Dayton School
Provide world-class schooling to students from low-income communities. The Greater Dayton School is Ohio’s first non-religious private PreK-8th grade school exclusively for students from under-resourced backgrounds.
What is great about this role?
- Impact & Innovation: Teach the whole child – physical health, character, financial literacy, and more. Our classes are mixed age and we teach to the individual.
- Wellness Services: Our students receive pediatric, dental, mental health, vision, and other wellness support during school.
- Resources for Students and Teachers: We spend $30K per child annually, three times the national average. We’re leveling the playing field for kids!
- Reduced Student-to-Teacher Ratio: 2 teachers per class of 20 students.
- Collaborative Work Environment with High-Performing Colleagues
- State-of-the-art Campus: We’re building a $50M campus designed by one of the nations top architectural firms, set to be complete Fall 2023.
Does this describe you?
- Do you love kids? Are you one of the best teachers in your district?
- Do you have a passion to teach students from low-income communities?
- Do you like to innovate and work with a team of high-performing educators?
- Do you want to throw out the industrial model of schooling and teach in a student-centered way
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and teach STEM project-based learning units and lessons in grades PreK-3rd.
- Create projects related to real-world problems.
- Use a competency based learning assessment method to align and grade projects.
- Document student learning via portfolios on a learning management system.
- Organize and manage inventory of STEM Lab supplies and equipment and the classroom environment.
Character Traits and Preferred Experience:
- At least 1 year of elementary grades teaching experience.
- Content knowledge in STEM subjects.
- Ability to effectively manage students and a classroom environment.
- Experience with competency based learning assessment models.
- Experience with learning management systems (e.g. Canvas).
- Knowledge of student centered learning models, personalized learning, or blended learning instruction (preferred).
Base salary – starting at $59,000+
Full Benefits – health/vision/dental/life insurance for individual + family with 0% paycheck deductions, 401K retirement, 6 flexible paid time off days, holidays, child care assistance, relocation packages, paid gym membership, morning coffee/tea, free lunches daily, unlimited color/black white copies, and more!
APPLY NOW: GREATERDAYTON.ORG
To apply for this job please visit greaterdaytonschool.org.