The Greater Dayton School
The Greater Dayton School is Ohio’s first non-religious private school for kids from low-income backgrounds. All admitted students receive a full scholarship, which provides them access to a world-class education, including small class sizes (2 teachers for 20 students), a state-of-the-art facility, wraparound medical care and therapy, and a whole child curriculum.
We’re searching for an innovative Financial Literacy teacher that can join our team of high-performing teachers. The Financial Literacy teacher must be passionate about money management and have the desire and ability to pass on that knowledge to kids.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Teach grades PreK-8 in financial literacy courses
- Grades PreK-2 – Intro. to money, counting money, spending and saving.
- Grades 3-5 – Personal budgeting, intro. to investments, assets vs. liabilities.
- Grades 6-8 – Advanced investing, debt, insurance, interest, stock market.
- Oversee and operate the school economy program
- Pay students for school jobs
- Run the school bank and ledger
- Implement a stock market simulation program
- Oversee and run the school store
Character Traits and Preferred Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (in any subject area).
- Strong desire to teach school age children.
- Loves kids and is motivated by their growth and development.
- Treats kids with respect, acts as a mentor, and has high expectations for students.
- Ability to effectively manage students and a classroom environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to teach economics, money management, investments, insurance, and interest.
- Top 10% of educators worldwide or have the aptitude to become one.
- At least one year of teaching financial literacy to school age children.
- Experience operating a bank and investment simulations.
- Experience with competency based learning assessment models.
- Experience with digital learning platforms and educational technology.
Compensation + Details:
- Hours – 8:00am-5:00pm
- 10 month school calendar – approximately 2 months of built in vacation
- Pay – $50K-$65K salary – based on experience
- Benefits – health/vision/dental/life insurance for individual + family with 0% paycheck
deductions, 401K retirement, 6 flexible paid time off days, holidays, child care assistance, relocation packages, paid gym membership, morning coffee/tea, free lunches daily, unlimited color/black white copies, and more!
APPLY NOW: GREATERDAYTON.ORG
To apply for this job please visit greaterdaytonschool.org.