Richard Allen Schools
Intervention Specialist Responsibilities:
· Provides an educational program for students as defined in the students Individualized Education Program (I.E.P.).
· Works cooperatively with regular classroom teachers, interpreting the abilities and disabilities of these students, assisting in classroom intervention strategies, modifying general education curricular as necessary, and assisting the student with regular class assignments.
· Communicates regularly with parents and professional staff regarding the educational, social, and personal needs of students.
· Assists the special education student in making an assessment of his/her abilities and in establishing educational goals in keeping with these abilities.
· Participates as a member of the Intervention Assistance Team (IAT) as directed by the building principal.
· Develops and implements an Individualized Educational Program of each child, complimentary to his/her educational strengths and needs as defined through the multifactored evaluation and I.E.P. process, and Regular Education Curriculum.
· Completes necessary reports and record keeping as required by state and local policies and procedures.
· Participates in professional growth activities through staff development, in-service, workshops, and higher education.
· Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent or his/her designee.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org