Hamilton County ESC
TITLE: INSTRUCTIONAL SPECIALIST- MATH SPECIALIST
QUALIFICATIONS: Degree from an accredited college or university; Valid license and/or endorsement in the
main content area taught and for the grade level(s) of job availability- Ohio K-8 Licensure
or Ohio 4-9 Math license required per job posting. Minimum of three years teaching
experience preferred; Travel to various locations as the assignment requires.
REPORTS TO: Instructional Supervisor, Auxiliary Services
JOB SUMMARY: Provide academic intervention and/or enrichment programs for students. Be a
professional resource to school staff and HCESC colleagues.
1. Design, implement and evaluate programs that reflect research-based practice(s) in instructional practices as related to the areas of math including but not limited to enrichment and remediation of number sense, computation, calculation, concepts and applications, use of math technology, and problem solving.
2. Model and deliver best practice instructional processes, techniques and strategies in the content area taught.
3. Prepare unit and lesson plans including learning goals and objectives, pre assessment strategies, instructional strategies and methods, differentiation strategies, and post-assessment strategies.
4. Organize and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective instruction and learning.
5. Assess individual student performance utilizing appropriate formal and informal assessment measures; utilize data to monitor progress; differentiate instruction; and measure program effectiveness.
6. Communicate effectively and collaborate with school administration, teachers, parents and colleagues.
7. Demonstrate strong instructional leadership and problem-solving skills.
8. Be cognizant of and adhere to HCESC policies, procedures, and deadlines.
OTHER PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collaborate with school team to determine program outcomes, criteria, and eligibility.
2. Maintain and provide appropriate documentation of student progress and program effectiveness.
3. Promote positive public relations with school and its community.
4. Actively participate in ongoing professional growth and share learning with colleagues.
5. Serve as a resource to HCESC colleagues with organizational initiatives and projects.
6. May be required to provide service in a separate discipline within your areas of licensure
7. Be familiar with the mission and vision of the Hamilton County Educational Service Center and actively seek to further its core values and principles.
8. Perform other duties as assigned
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Salary to be established by the board
2. School calendar(s) adopted or any amendments thereto with the number of work days established by the employment contract
3. Perform all duties in connection with job assignment as directed.
4. Abide by and maintain all rules, regulations and policies presently in existence, adopted or amended hereafter by Hamilton County Educational Service Center during this contract term for its government and the government of its employees and the pupils of the school district.
Professional personnel will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy and the master agreement on evaluation.
Instructional Specialist- Math Specialist
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.