Hamilton County Educational Service Center
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center has a full-time opening for the position of Early Learning School for a Health Supervisor for the 2020-2021 school year. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
QUALIFICATIONS: Licensed Registered Nurse, with a four-year degree, possessing all credentials, certification as required by Ohio state law and 2 years’ experience in working with and caring for young children and adults.
JOB Goal: Responsible for a comprehensive assessment of children’s health and safety.
1. Have knowledge of Federal Head Start Performance Standards and agency work plans.
2. Directly supervises Health Office employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with agency policies.
Responsibilities include direct oversight of the daily functions of the Health Office, interviewing, training, supervising,
planning, assigning and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems that arise in the area of health
3. Responsible for the direct supervision of the Health Managers, Health Data Specialist, and Health Service Specialist.
4. Collaborate with other support staff to ensure that incoming health information is current and accurate.
5. Assist Nursing staff in reviewing children’s health histories, physical and immunization records sending letters to parents
of updates needing to occur during peak times of the program year.
6. Assist Nursing staff with follow-ups on abnormal medical findings with parents and health professionals during peak times
of the program year.
7. Assist Nursing staff in developing individualized health care plans and train staff accordingly during peak times of the
8. Assist Nursing staff in the training of staff in medication administration upon approval of parent and physician during
peak times of the program year.
9. Oversee and Manage the health screening data of Head Start and Early Head Start children.
10. Conducts outreach to area Pediatric offices, hospitals and community health programs to maintain strong relationships.
11. Communicate to parents and medical personnel sensitive information in a professional and empathic manner.
12. Work closely with special services staff to ensure that all identified children have needed health screenings to allow for
proper IEP evaluations.
13. Monitor data of children’s immunization records, EPSDT exams, and dental exams to ensure they are accurate and up to
14. Advise supervisors, staff and parents on health issues.
15. Keep up-to-date on legal requirements for immigrant families needing health insurance.
16. Work closely with Interact for Health and United Way on funding sources for Head Start.
17. Network with the five Medicaid Managed Care Plans.
18. Develop outside sources of funding for Dental and Health services.
19. Review each child’s nutritional status based on diet and health history taking into consideration ht/wt, BMI and lab
results of hemoglobin and lead. Monitor and provide parents of identified overweight, low iron, and high lead level
children with additional resources.
20. Responsible for reviewing health and dental records for all enrolled children.
21. Coordinate and/or conduct health/wellness workshops for parents, staff, and collaborative partners.
22. Work closely with community programs to improve access to health and dental care for Head Start and Early Head Start
23. Serve on collaborative community committees.
24. Foster and maintain partners with various school district nurses, health advocates, community groups, doctors, and
25. Conduct Health Advisory Meeting three times per year in partnership with CAA and ELP Special Service Department.
26. Contact parents through automated calls, personal calls, letters, meetings, and in person.
27. Assist families in the procurement of Health & Dental services.
28. Oversee the system for purchasing health supplies.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Benefits and retirement in keeping with employer’s policy.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND ADA STATEMENT:
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and endeavors to provide the highest quality
service through employing professionals selected for their competence and expertise. No one will be discriminated against on
the basis of color, age, origin, race, gender, religion, marital status, military service or disability.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to:
Hamilton County Educational Service Center – Center for Early Learning Programs
924 Waycross Road
Cincinnati, OH 45240
Frances Edwards – frances.edwards @hcesc.org or fax (513) 851-5747
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.