Hamilton County ESC
Education Consultant- Math
The Hamilton County Educational Service has an opening for the position of Education Consultant – Math for the 2021-2022 school year. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
To serve as a leader, a collaborator, and content expert in math teaching. To develop and implement services and products in curriculum/program design and alignment; support for effective implementation of standards-based programs, professional development for teachers and administrators in effective instruction, assessment, and intervention; and program evaluation for effective student achievement.
Master’s degree or beyond in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, and/or Educational Leadership (or related field) with emphasis in Secondary (preferred) or Elementary Math; Valid Teaching License required; additional valid Administrative License or valid Supervisory License/Certificate preferred; Previous teaching experience required; Effective leadership and interpersonal skills; Previous experience and demonstrated success in professional development, curriculum development and implementation, instruction, assessment, content area expertise, data analysis, program management and evaluation; Administrative experience preferred; Post graduate work desirable.
• Maintain professional expertise in order to accommodate the evolving needs of the organization and the customer base it serves.
• Maintain leadership position at the regional, state, and/or national level in PK-12 teaching and learning.
• Convene or connect to local and state content-related organizations, agencies and resources based upon organizational criteria.
• Lead and/or support exemplary programs, resources, and strategies that represent best practices in curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
• Develop and maintain networks within and among teaching and learning and academic content serving institutions and agencies.
• Provide leadership and assistance to regional instructional and professional development initiatives.
• Work closely with department chairpersons, principals, and lead teachers to implement effective Standards-Based instruction.
• Provide instructional leadership for content area professional development design and delivery.
• Provide leadership in review and selection of instructional materials.
• Provide leadership to projects in standards, curriculum, planning, instruction, assessment, or evaluation as assigned.
2. Professional Development
• Lead, design, deliver and/or collaborate in support of professional development in general curriculum areas such as curriculum alignment, assessment, and instructional best practice.
• Provide professional development support for implementation of content related research-based programs.
• Design and deliver professional development based upon best practice standards and customer profiles in content areas, curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
• Support the delivery of consortium and school-based services to align curriculum, instruction, and assessment, including professional development, model teaching, and coaching.
• Serve as an active contributor to Instructional Council.
• Develop and/or support job-embedded professional development services in the content areas such as serving as a coach or mentor to district content specialists, coordinating or leading action research projects in the content areas, or supporting an embedded and systemic professional development experience in the content areas.
• Provide consultation to support building/district educational leaders in the implementation of research-based programs.
3. Collaboration and Contribution to Organizational Prosperity
• Use technology in the development and delivery of knowledge and information to appropriate audiences and in alignment with organizational priorities.
• Support and align work to the priorities of the organization to serve education customers.
• Work in a collaborative, integrated environment to deliver high quality products and services to diverse customer base.
• Provide input and active involvement in the development and delivery of appropriate services to customers.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary based on training and experience according to the established salary schedule.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND ADA STATEMENT:
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and endeavors to provide the highest quality service through employing professionals selected for their competence and expertise. No one will be discriminated against on the basis of color, age, origin, race, gender, religion, marital status, military service, or disability.
Submit Resume with Letter of Interest to:
Hamilton County Educational Service Center
Director of Instructional Services
11083 Hamilton Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45231
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 513.674.5250
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com