Hamilton County ESC
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center has an opening for the position of Assistant Treasurer
for the 2021-2022 school year.
To perform administrative and financial support work for the Treasurer’s office within a team- based
State of Ohio Treasurer License or completion within one year from date of hire
Associate degree in Accounting/Business or related field preferred
Outstanding organizational and time management skills
Willingness to work well with others
Demonstrates proficiency using equipment and software related to the position
Ability to communicate with colleagues and administration
Knowledge of accounting principles
Must pass criminal background check
1. Assist in collecting statistical information for reports
2. Oversee the preparation of W-2s and 1099s
3. Perform payroll and/or other functions of the Treasurer’s office when needed
4. Assist the Treasurer with investments
5. Prepare and compile information required for GAAP reporting
6. Be familiar and current regarding all federal and state accounting procedures and the ODE requirements
7. Assist in the preparation and filing of monthly, fiscal year and other special financial reports as required by the State, Governing Board and administrative staff
8. Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual State and Federal reports
9. Remain up-to-date with the Data Center on Federal and State mandated changes
10. Maintain and update accurate payroll information on all employees
11. Make all necessary salary changes as approved by the Treasurer for a new salary year
12. Assist in the maintenance of all accounting records in an organized and efficient manner as described by the Auditor of State
13. Assist Treasurer in evaluating internal control procedures
14. Perform Treasurer functions, as allowable by law, in the Treasurer’s absence
OTHER PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILTIES:
Provide back-up support for other service areas within the Treasurer’s Office
Assume other duties as assigned
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Shall be appointed to a limited 261 day contract. Salary to be established by the Board.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Board policy.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND ADA STATEMENT:
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and endeavors to provide the highest quality service through employing professionals selected for their competence and expertise. No one will be discriminated against on the basis of color, age, origin, race, gender, religion, marital status, military service or disability.
Resumes will be accepted until the close of business on Monday, March 22, 2021.
Submit Letter of Interest with Resume to:
Hamilton County Educational Service Center
11083 Hamilton Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45231
Attn: Megan Jackson, Treasurer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org