Hamilton County Educational Service Center
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT – Part Time/Full Time Instructional Specialist – Reading
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center anticipates a Part Time/Full Time opening for a Reading Specialist (Non-Public) for the 2021-2022 school year. Applications & resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
QUALIFICATIONS: Degree from an accredited college or university. Valid license and/or endorsement in the main content area taught and for the grade level(s) of job availability. Minimum of three years teaching experience preferred. Travel to various locations as the assignment requires.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide academic intervention and/or enrichment programs for students. Be a professional resource to school staff and HCESC colleagues.
1. Design, implement and evaluate programs that reflect research-based practice(s) in instructional processes as related to the content area taught.
2. Model and deliver best practice instructional processes, techniques and strategies in the content area taught.
3. Assess individual student performance, utilize data to monitor progress, differentiate instruction, and measure program effectiveness.
4. Communicate effectively and collaborate with school administration, teachers, parents and colleagues.
5. Demonstrate strong instructional leadership and problem-solving skills.
6. Be cognizant of and adhere to HCESC policies, procedures, and deadlines.
OTHER PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collaborate with school team to determine program outcomes, criteria, and eligibility.
2. Maintain and provide appropriate documentation of student progress and program effectiveness.
3. Promote positive public relations with school and its community.
4. Actively participate in ongoing professional growth and share learning with colleagues.
5. Serve as a resource to HCESC colleagues with organizational initiatives and projects.
6. Be familiar with the mission and vision of the Hamilton County Educational Service Center and actively seek to further its core values and principles.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 1. Salary as per current salary schedule. 2. School calendar(s) adopted or any amendments thereto – 191 days. 3. Perform all duties in connection with job assignment as directed. 4. Abide by and maintain all rules, regulations and policies presently in existence, adopted or amended hereafter by Hamilton County Educational Service Center during this contract term for its government and the government of its employees and the pupils of the school district.
Complete on-line application at www.ohioteachingjobs.org and Send Letter of Intent and Resume to: Hamilton County Educational Service Center Cindy Herald 11083 Hamilton Avenue Cincinnati, OH 45231 firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com