Hamilton County Educational Service Center
Intervention & Related Support Services – Full-Time
Applications will be accepted until filled.
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center has an anticipated full-time opening for the
position of Supervisor/Consultant to provide supervision/consultation for the 2020-2021 school
year. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of five years’ experience in the field of special education/related
services and a minimum of two years’ experience in administration and a master’s degree from an
accredited college or university with ODE licensure/certification in supervision or administration
preferred. Emphasis in OT, PT or Speech Pathology is preferred.
REPORTS TO: Director, Intervention & Support Services Center
JOB SUMMARY: Provide leadership and guidance to the Intervention and Support Services programs
(Intervention Specialist and Related Service Personnel serving public and -public schools) operated
by the Hamilton County Educational Service Center.
• Serve as a resource for information regarding special education services, programs and
policies and ensure that procedures are appropriate in relation to policies required by district,
state and federal regulatory requirements.
• Analyze data, plan activities, monitor programs/services, respond to others and consult with
• Maintain knowledge of current Special Education laws and best practices.
• Ensure Special Education compliance is adhered to within district.
• Recruit, supervise and evaluate staff.
• Develop budget proposals and manage budget and demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
• Lead, design, deliver and/or collaborate in support of professional development in the area
of special education and meeting the needs of students with disabilities.
• Provide professional development to support staff in their professional growth.
• Participate in continuous professional improvement activities.
Collaboration and Contribution to Organizational Prosperity
• Collaborate with district staff.
• Build strategic alliances and superior relationships with district, HCESC and regional
• Work in a collaborative, integrated environment to deliver high quality services.
• Demonstrate collaboration by sharing knowledge, ideas for improvement, and concerns.
• Follow protocols for customer contracts and financial practices.
• Identify areas of needed improvement and pursue a course of action.
• Demonstrate knowledge and skills with technology and software consistent with job assignment.
• Perform other duties/projects assigned by HCESC.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Shall be appointed to a limited contract. Salary to be established by the Board.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy on evaluation of administrative
Submit Resume with Letter of Interest to:
Sally A. Demmler
Director, Intervention and Support Services
Hamilton County ESC
11083 Hamilton Avenue Cincinnati, Ohio 45231
Direct: 513-674-4270 Fax: 513-742-5525
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org