Hamilton County ESC
TITLE: Pathways Teacher Assistant
QUALIFICATIONS: As established by the Governing Board of Education. Secures and maintains van transportation certificate from ODE. Must be able to travel to various locations in own car on a daily basis.
JOB GOAL: To assist the teacher in leading students to independence in adult living skills.
1. Assists in implementing daily planning. (Frequently)
2. Provides instruction for students under the supervision of the teacher. (Frequently)
3. Provides daily instructional assistance to program and teacher by implementing individual and small group activities within the classroom, community and work settings as directed by the teacher. (Frequently)
4. Follows instructional plan and behavior management plan developed by the teacher/team. (Frequently)
5. Assists in developing supports for students in classroom, school, and community so that the students can achieve the highest level of success. (Frequently)
6. Secures and maintain van transportation certificate from the Ohio Department of Ed. (Frequently)
7. Transports students into the community using personal vehicle when necessary. (Frequently)
8. Assumes responsibility for various clerical duties such as attendance, behavior charts, data collection, charts and records, student timecards, budget receipts and copying. (Frequently)
9. Constructs teaching aides and materials.(Frequently)
10. Takes steps to promote independence of the students. (Frequently)
11. Demonstrates appropriate communication skills with students, parents, and staff. (Frequently)
12. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students and provide supervision. (Frequently)
13. Attends parent conferences when requested.(Occasionally)
Terms of Employment:
Contract and salary established by the Governing Board
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Board Policy.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND ADA STATEMENT:
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and endeavors to provide the highest quality service through employing professionals selected for their competence and expertise. The Governing Board of Hamilton County Educational Service Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), disability, age, religion, military status, ancestry, genetic information (collectively, “Protected Classes”), or any other legally protected category, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.
Submit Letter of Interest with Resume to:
Hamilton County Educational Service Center
11083 Hamilton Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45231
Attn: Katie Fleming
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.