Hamilton County Educational Service Center
Teacher Assistant – Learning Center of North Norwood
Educational Aide / Parapro / Assistant/Special Education Aide
Learning Center at North Norwood
Position Announcement Teacher Assistant Learning Center at North Norwood
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center, Intervention and Support Services, has a full-time opening for the position of Teacher Assistant for the 2020-2021 school year. Resumes will be accepted until filled.
JOB GOAL: To assist in the provision of academic and behavioral instruction, supports, and services in a public separate school to students experiencing behavioral and/or mental-health needs, the goal being to return those students to less restrictive environments operated by their public-school districts.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED
1. Uphold and enforce federal, state, and local guidelines in the education of students with educational disabilities.
2. Assist clerically in the maintenance of all required paperwork relating to the academic and behavioral instruction, supports, and services for all assigned students, including multifactor evaluations (MFEs), Individual Education Plans (IEPs), functional behavioral assessments (FBAs), behavior intervention plans, report cards, IEP progress reports, daily behavioral ratings, Critical Incident Reports, Office Discipline Referrals, and any other assigned report.
3. Assist in the duplication of instructional materials, forms, and other related materials.
4. Assist Intervention Specialists in the provision of academic instruction, including in the creation of essential teaching aides (e.g., charts, flash cards, posters).
5. Ensure constant supervision for all assigned students, within the building, on the playground, and during field trips.
6. Assist in escorting students to all assigned areas within the building, including up and down stairs.
7. Assist in the provision of behavioral instruction (e.g., Positive Behavior Supports, social skills, affective education, and communication) utilizing the Learning Center’s adopted curriculum and in alignment with research-based best practices.
8. Assist with functional behavioral assessment and behavior intervention planning for all assigned students.
9. Implement identified behavioral interventions with integrity to their design and in alignment with researchbased best practices.
10. Implement Nonviolent (Physical) Crisis Intervention at any time necessary to ensuring the care, welfare, safety, and security of students, staff, and building visitors.
11. Work collaboratively with all building staff, parents/guardians, and community-support providers.
12. Attend and contribute to all required staff meetings.
13. Report to work and perform designated duties in accordance with the established time schedule.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary as per current salary schedule.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND ADA STATEMENT: The Hamilton County Educational Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and endeavors to provide the highest quality service through employing professionals selected for their competence and expertise. No one will be discriminated against on the basis of color, age, origin, race, gender, religion, marital status, military service or disability.
Submit Resume with Letter of Interest to:
Learning Center at North Norwood
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.