Hamilton County Educational Service Center
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT Supervisor/Consultant – Intervention and Related Support Services Intervention & Support Services Center
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center has a full-time opening for the position of Supervisor/Consultant to provide leadership for Intervention Specialists and Related Service Personnel for the 2021-2022 school year. Applications will be accepted until filled.
QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of five years experience in the field of special education/related services and a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with ODE licensure/certification in supervision or administration. Minimum of two years experience in administration preferred. Emphasis in School Psychology is preferred.
REPORTS TO: Director, Intervention & Support Services Center or Coordinator, Intervention & Support Services Center
JOB SUMMARY: Provide leadership and guidance to the Intervention and Support Services Programs (Intervention Specialists and Related Service Personnel serving public and non-public schools) operated by the Hamilton County Educational Service Center.
* Recommend policies, planning and implementation of research based practices in the area of special education by working with school staff to meet the needs of students with special needs
* Serve as a resource for information regarding special education services, programs and policies and ensure that procedures are appropriate in relation to policies required by district, state and federal regulatory requirements
* Analyze data, plan activities, monitor programs/services, respond to others and consult with district stakeholders
* Evaluate special education programming and staff
* Address other duties and processes required to maintain the district’s program of services and compliance
* Maintain knowledge of current Special Education laws and best practices
* Support district staff in implementation of appropriate strategies, accommodations and modifications to meet the needs of students with IEPs
* Ensure Special Education compliance is adhered to within district
* Create and maintain Special Education documentation as required by federal, state and district regulations
* Serve as district representative
* Recruit, supervise and evaluate staff
* Coordinate curricular resources for students with disabilities
* Develop budget proposals and manage budget and demonstrate fiscal responsibility
* Lead, design, deliver and/or collaborate in support of professional development in the area of special education and meeting the needs of students with disabilities
* Provide professional development to support staff in their professional growth
* Participate in continuous professional improvement activities
Collaboration and Contribution to Organizational Prosperity
* Develop positive relationships with district staff, families and outside agencies
* Collaborate with district staff
* Build strategic alliances and superior relationships with district, HCESC and regional partners
* Demonstrate collaboration by sharing knowledge, ideas for improvement, and concerns
* Identify areas of needed improvement and pursue a course of action
* Demonstrate knowledge and skills with technology and software consistent with job assignment and office protocol
* Perform other duties/projects assigned by the district or HCESC
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Shall be appointed to a limited contract. Salary to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy on evaluation of administrative personnel.
Submit Resume and letters of interest to:
Director of Interventions Support Services
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.