Hamilton County ESC
School Psychologist – 2023-2024
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center has an opening for a full time/part time School Psychologist
To develop and provide a full range of comprehensive school psychological services to individuals and schools in compliance with local, state and federal legislation. To apply principles of psychology and effective communication in defining problems, planning, implementing and evaluating programs, and providing supportive consultation.
Ohio Certification/licensure, School Psychologist
1. Plan, develop and provide school psychological services which meet specific needs and expectations of students, parents, and administration.
2. Evaluate services through input from parents, students, and staff/administration; includes input in the service planning process.
3. Organizes and files administrative. Meets deadline for meetings, paperwork, and other responsibilities.
4. Maintain a case load appropriate to the assignment; manage cases and other assigned responsibilities and maintains required school psychology files.
5. Communicate in a manner which promotes problem solving and positive relationships with administration, school, parents, and others.
6. Collaborate and cooperate with other professionals including supervisor.
7. Employ valid and reliable assessment methods pertinent to the area(s) of concern; follow published guidelines for use, analysis and interpretation.
8. Summarize and interpret evaluation results and recommendations in written and oral form in practical and understandable terms.
9. Provide consultation and intervention assistance services to school personnel, parents or students.
10. Provide counseling services within the scope of training and experience and use a theoretical model for structuring service delivery.
11. Use group counseling to address individual needs. Content is planned and organized taking into consideration student ability and interest; engages all students while maintaining order and discipline.
12. Capable of functioning as a resource for crisis intervention.
13. When requested, demonstrate ability to define need for in-service programs. Design, implement and evaluate in-service programs.
14. Demonstrate ability to use technology associated with duties; access internet or software-based resources related to role responsibilities or student needs.
15. Cognizant of and adheres to State/Federal Laws and HCESC Policy and Procedures.
16. Adhere to ethical and professional practice standards and guidelines as defined by professional organizations such as NASP, OSPA, or APA.
17. Satisfy role expectations of each work site within the realm of professional practice as defined and agreed upon by staff, district administration, and HCESC administration.
18. Protect confidentiality in all situations related to professional practice.
19. Communicate with supervisor and/or other professionals regarding common problems and/or legal and ethical concerns.
20. Participate in professional growth and development through course work and/or seminars, professional reading and members in professional organizations; attend and participate in all HCESC in-service or staff meetings.
21. Project a professional image through appearance and dress.
22. Punctual for meetings, appointments, work, and deadlines.
23. Attendance is regular.
24. Accept criticism, advice and recognition; implement activities in response to recommendations or to meet performance improvement goals.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary based on training and experience according to the established salary schedule. Benefits and retirement in keeping with employer’s policy.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND ADA STATEMENT:
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and endeavors to provide the highest quality service through employing professionals selected for their competence and expertise. No one will be discriminated against on the basis of color, age, origin, race, gender, religion, marital status, military service or disability.
Complete on-line application at https://www.applitrack.com/greatercincinnati/onlineapp and Submit Letter of Interest along with Resume to:
Hamilton County Educational Service Center
11083 Hamilton Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45231
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.