Hamilton County ESC
School Health Associate – RN
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center has an opening for a full time School Health Associate – RN, for the 2023-2024 school year. To provide basic school health services that support the educational mission and goals of the school/district, promote good health practices of the school community, and meet local and state mandates at the direction of the School Health Leader and/or Nursing Supervisor. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Registered Nurse Licensure in good standing with the Ohio Board of Nursing. Must be able to travel to various locations on a daily basis. Maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification.
1. Provides care for the acute and chronic health issues of students/staff, which may include: assessment, goal development, delivering appropriate interventions and evaluating outcomes of interventions, in accordance with the Ohio Nurse Practice Act
(ORC 4723), current emergency and nursing standards of care and HCESC nursing protocols.
2. Inspect children and/or staff for common communicable and nuisance diseases. Recommend exclusion and readmission practices to the Building Principal in accordance with district policy and procedure and Health Department guidelines.
3. Monitor immunization and Tuberculosis testing compliance of students and staff according to the Ohio Department of Health and other county guidelines.
4. Demonstrates medical knowledge and skill in nursing techniques and performs skilled nursing procedures in a safe, competent and efficient manner according to the Ohio Nurse Practice Act.
5. Maintain the school health clinic and supplies under the direction of School Health Leader and/or Nursing Supervisor.
6. Maintains up to date student health records and related documentation of nursing care provided and activities conducted in the school.
7. Conducts health screenings at the direction of the (supervisor or Health Services Leader).
8. Identifies students who may benefit from referrals to health, community and social service agencies and collaborate with the School Health Leader to determine appropriate resources.
9. Participates in health and emergency planning for individual students with medical needs and for the larger school community at the direction of the Supervisor or School Health Leader
10. Participate in the initial evaluation process and subsequent reviews for students being assessed for special education placement including but not limited to: providing current vision and hearing screening results, health history information and collecting
assessment data at the direction of the School Health Leader.
11. Participates in or advises building and/or district regarding health/safety materials, curricula and wellness promotion activities for the school community.
12. Follows all applicable laws governing nursing practice in the State of Ohio and standards of professional and ethical nursing practice and guidelines as defined by professional organizations including but not limited to the American Nurses Association, Ohio
Board of Nursing, and HCESC policies and procedures.
13. Acquires and maintains current knowledge and competency in nursing practice related to school health issues.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary to be established by the Board.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND ADA STATEMENT:
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and endeavors to provide the highest quality service through employing professionals selected for their competence and expertise. No one will be discriminated against on the basis of color, age, origin, race, gender, religion, marital status, military service or disability.
Complete Application at www.ohioteachingjobs.org and
Submit Resume with Letter of Interest to:
Hamilton County Educational Service Center
Attention: Brenda Hodge
11083 Hamilton Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45231
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.