Hamilton County Educational Service Center
TITLE: School Counselor – COVID Impact
QUALIFICATIONS: Ohio Certification/Licensure, School Counselor
REPORTS TO: Center Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: To provide a comprehensive, developmental school counseling program
involving students, parents, teachers, administrators, and community agencies.
This is a position being funded by federally provided COVID Relief monies.
1. Plan, develop, and provide comprehensive school counseling services which meet specific needs and expectations of students, parents, and administration.
2. Provide direct services in alignment with Ohio Social and Emotional Learning Standards and researched-based best practices.
3. Evaluate services through input from a variety of sources which could include parents, students, faculty, and administration.
4. Organize materials and time; establish priorities and action steps related to assigned responsibilities.
5. Provide timely follow through on commitments to students, parents, and faculty; provide immediate and consistent follow-up on individual cases.
6. Maintain current files of community resources; make outside referrals only when school resources have been exhausted and provide follow-up.
7. Engage in positive, professional behaviors which are student-centered and free of rumor, or gossip about students, families, staff, or administration.
8. Collaborate about students and make referrals to other school staff as needed; monitor progress after referral.
9. Enlist parental and teacher involvement and cooperation as reflected in conference records and action plans, and phone log.
10. Establish and maintain rapport with students, faculty, parents, and administration; engage in problem solving behavior when conflicts arise.
11. Provide an open, non-judgmental, counseling climate where students willingly participate and keep appointments.
12. Accurately identify the problem in counseling sessions; assist students in formulating a specific and practical plan of action.
13. Conduct groups where content is planned and organized according to student ability and interest; engage all students while maintaining order and discipline.
14. Maintain written counseling records which may include intake information goals, review plans, follow-up activities, appointment timelines and case notes.
15. Organize or perform student assessment when appropriate; follow guidelines for administration, scoring and interpretation.
16. Interpret group and individual assessment results clearly and accurately to students, teachers, and parents.
School Counselor -Covid Impact
Board Approved: 5-20-21
17. Demonstrate ability to use technology associated with duties; access current internet
or software- based resources related to role responsibilities and student needs.
18. Communicate with HCESC, the school district, school staff and community agencies
regarding common problems, and legal or ethical issues.
19. Protect the confidentiality of students, faculty, and families.
20. Participate in professional growth and development through course work and/or
seminars, professional reading, and membership in professional organizations.
21. Maintain consistency with legal and contract stipulations, perform all responsibilities
defined for caseload by the school administration and/or school counseling department.
22. Accept criticism, advice and recognition; implement activities in response to
recommendations of supervisor or to meet job targets.
23. Remain cognizant of and adhere to State/Federal regulations and HCESC policies and
24. Follow the faculty dress codes for assigned schools.
25. Follow professional and ethical standards for school counselors as defined by
professional organizations such as ACA and ASCA.
26. Maintain regular attendance; remain punctual for meetings, appointments, work and
27. Perform other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Shall be appointed to a limited contract with the number of work days established by the
employment contract plus extended service based on need. Salary to be established by the Board.
School Counselors will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Board policy and
the master agreement.
Please submit resume and letters of interest to :
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.