Hamilton County Educational Service Center
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center has a full-time opening for the position of Behavior Technician for the 2020-2021 school year. Resumes will be accepted until filled.
To aid children, teachers and/or other interdisciplinary team members in providing an appropriate and safe learning environment to enrolled students.
At least 18 years of age, High School Diploma or GED or higher, Valid Ohio Department of Education Credential (or be willing to obtain)
1. Interacts with students according to their Individual Behavior Intervention Plan, Individual Educational Program or Section 504 Accommodation Plan;
2. Observes and intervenes to redirect inappropriate student behavior;
3. Provides assistance to teachers when approved de-escalation techniques are utilized and when a student needs a calming environment;
4. Provides guided practice and other instructionally relevant activities to students as directed;
5. Assists, monitors and guides the student to complete tasks;
6. Assists individual students as needed with adaptive, functional and life skills;
7. Assists instructional staff with data collection, student work corrections, instructional accommodations and modifications;
8. Assists the student in using age appropriate self-management skills as related to the children’s educational needs;
9. Implements approved de-escalation and crisis/emergency procedures according to protocol;
10. Promotes a safe learning environment;
11. Monitors student behavior prior to the beginning of the official start of the school day, during student periods, between classes, free time, bus drop-off/pick-up and other times as assigned;
12. Responsible to participate in the annual training offered by the educational service center;
13. Attends and demonstrates competency in behavior technician training as developed by Hamilton County ESC.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary as per current salary schedule.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND ADA STATEMENT:
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and endeavors to provide the highest quality service through employing professionals selected for their competence and expertise. No one will be discriminated against on the basis of color, age, origin, race, gender, religion, marital status, military service or disability.
Submit Resume with Letter of Interest to:
Hamilton County ESC
11083 Hamilton Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45231
innati, OH 45212
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.