Hamilton County ESC
TITLE: INSTRUCTIONAL SPECIALIST- INTERVENTION SPECIALIST
QUALIFICATIONS: Degree from an accredited college or university; Valid license and/or endorsement in the main content area taught and for the grade level(s) of job availability- Ohio K-12 Intervention Specialist licensure required (mild to moderate or moderate to severe based on job posting needs); Minimum of three years teaching experience preferred; Travel to various locations as the assignment requires
REPORTS TO: Instructional Supervisor, Auxiliary Services
JOB SUMMARY: Provide academic intervention and/or enrichment programs for students. Be a professional resource to school staff and HCESC colleagues.
1. Uphold and enforce federal, state, and local guidelines in the education of students with educational disabilities.
2. Maintain all required paperwork relating to the academic and behavioral instruction, supports, and services for all assigned students, including multifactored evaluations (MFEs), Individual Education Plans (IEPs), Individual Service Plans (ISPs), functional behavioral assessments (FBAs), behavior intervention plans, report cards, IEP or ISP progress reports, and any other assigned report.
3. Prepare unit and lesson plans including learning goals and objectives, pre- assessment strategies, instructional strategies and methods, differentiation strategies, and post-assessment strategies
4. Design, implement and evaluate programs that reflect research-based practice(s) in instructional practices as related to the content areas taught.
5. Organize and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective instruction and learning.
6. Model and deliver best practice instructional processes, techniques and strategies in the content area taught.
7. Assess individual student performance utilizing appropriate formal and informal assessment measures; utilize data to monitor progress; differentiate instruction; and measure program effectiveness. Maintain accurate data for each student on caseload including, but not limited to, progress monitoring data, response to intervention data, intervention assistance data, formal and informal assessment data, and universal screening data.
8. Communicate effectively and collaborate with school administration, teachers, parents and colleagues.
9. Demonstrate strong instructional leadership and problem-solving skills.
10. Be cognizant of and adhere to HCESC policies, procedures, and deadlines.
OTHER PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collaborate with school team to determine program outcomes, criteria, and eligibility.
2. Maintain and provide appropriate documentation of student progress and program effectiveness.
3. Promote positive public relations with school and its community.
4. Actively participate in ongoing professional growth and share learning with colleagues.
5. Serve as a resource to HCESC colleagues with organizational initiatives and projects.
6. Maybe required to provide service in a separate discipline within your areas of licensure Job Description Instructional Specialist-Intervention Specialist Board Approved 6-16-21
7. Perform other duties as assigned
8. Be familiar with the mission and vision of the Hamilton County Educational Service Center and actively seek to further its core values and principles.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Salary to be established by the board
2. School calendar(s) adopted or any amendments thereto with the number of work days established by the employment contract
3. Perform all duties in connection with job assignment as directed.
4. Abide by and maintain all rules, regulations and policies presently in existence, adopted or amended hereafter by Hamilton County Educational Service Center during this contract term for its government and the government of its employees and the pupils of the school district.
EVALUATION: Professional personnel will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy and the master agreement on evaluation.
Please apply online and submit resume and letter of interest to:
11083 Hamilton Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45231
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.