Hamilton County Educational Service Center
School Health Associate – RN
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center has an opening for a School Health Associate – RN, for the 2020-2021
school year. To provide basic school health services that support the educational mission and goals of the school/district,
promote good health practices of the school community, and meet local and state mandates at the direction of the School
Health Leader and/or Nursing Supervisor. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Registered Nurse Licensure in good standing with the Ohio Board of Nursing. Must be able to travel to various locations
on a daily basis. Maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification.
1. Provides care for the acute and chronic health issues of students/staff, which may include: assessment, goal
development, delivering appropriate interventions and evaluating outcomes of interventions, in accordance with
the Ohio Nurse Practice Act (ORC 4723), current emergency and nursing standards of care and HCESC nursing
2. Inspect children and/or staff for common communicable and nuisance diseases. Recommend exclusion and
readmission practices to the Building Principal in accordance with district policy and procedure and Health
3. Monitor immunization and Tuberculosis testing compliance of students and staff according to the Ohio Department
of Health and other county guidelines.
4. Demonstrates medical knowledge and skill in nursing techniques and performs skilled nursing procedures in a safe,
competent and efficient manner according to the Ohio Nurse Practice Act.
5. Maintain the school health clinic and supplies under the direction of School Health Leader and/or Nursing
6. Maintains up to date student health records and related documentation of nursing care provided and activities
conducted in the school.
7. Conducts health screenings at the direction of the (supervisor or Health Services Leader).
8. Identifies students who may benefit from referrals to health, community and social service agencies and collaborate
with the School Health Leader to determine appropriate resources.
9. Participates in health and emergency planning for individual students with medical needs and for the larger school
community at the direction of the Supervisor or School Health Leader
10. Participate in the initial evaluation process and subsequent reviews for students being assessed for special
education placement including but not limited to: providing current vision and hearing screening results, health
history information and collecting assessment data at the direction of the School Health Leader.
11. Participates in or advises building and/or district regarding health/safety materials, curricula and wellness promotion
activities for the school community.
12. Follows all applicable laws governing nursing practice in the State of Ohio and standards of professional and ethical
nursing practice and guidelines as defined by professional organizations including but not limited to the American
Nurses Association, Ohio Board of Nursing, and HCESC policies and procedures.
13. Acquires and maintains current knowledge and competency in nursing practice related to school health issues.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary to be established by the Board.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND ADA STATEMENT:
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and endeavors to provide th
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.