Hamilton County ESC
The Hamilton County Educational Service has an anticipated opening for the position of El Consultant/Coach for the 2023-2024 school year.
To serve as a resource, collaborator, consultant, and partner to school districts by providing EL services and leadership in the following areas: SIOP instruction development and implementation, strategies for effective EL instruction, EL curriculum design, development, implementation, staff development, leadership and facilitation in EL improvement initiatives, statewide legislative and Ohio Department of Education mandates and initiatives.
Minimum of five years of experience in the field of English as a Second Language with ODE licensure/certification. Must have TESOL endorsement as well as prior SIOP training. Additional critical areas of expertise include Knowledge of Title III or OCR federal regulations as it relates to ELs; Ability to model and assist teachers in the implementation of SIOP strategies; and Ability to support teachers in developing their EL’s English Language development as well as their growth in academic readiness according to the National and State TESOL standards.
1. Facilitate curriculum design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
2. Align work to the specific components of the school improvement initiatives and/or assignments.
3. Assist districts and schools in analyzing data for the data-driven decision making.
4. Provide instructional and curriculum leadership for program development in academic content area based on standards.
5. Preview, introduce and present quality SIOP lessons, resources, and strategies for effective instruction.
6. Assist teachers in the improvement of instructional strategies through model teaching, coaching and/or mentoring.
7. Assist school with development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of continuous improvement plans.
8. Provide leadership to HCESC or HCESC/district partnership projects.
9. Work closely with principals and lead teachers to improve the quality of instruction.
10. Work with school and district personnel to build capacity to design and implement SIOP initiatives.
11. Promote sharing of innovative and successful instructional resources and strategies among educators.
12. Other duties as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND ADA STATEMENT:
The Governing Board of Hamilton County Educational Service Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), disability, age, religion, military status, ancestry, genetic information (collectively, “Protected Classes”), or any other legally protected category, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.
Submit Resume with Letter of Interest to:
Hamilton County Educational Service Center
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.