Hamilton County ESC
TITLE: Educational Specialist
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in education as an intervention specialist or related services professional from an accredited college or university with Ohio Licensure/Certification; Master’s Degree and 2 years of experience in licensed field with knowledge of educational assessment and experience writing Evaluation Team Reports (ETR) and Individual Education Programs (IEP) preferred.
REPORTS TO: Intervention and Support Services Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: To collaborate with educational team members in the collection, interpretation, and summarization of academic and behavioral assessments in order to best develop intervention planning and assistance services that address student, staff, and school community needs. Serve on behalf of public school districts for students with special needs who access the Autism and Jon Peterson Scholarship programs.
1. Collect, administer, score, interpret and summarize assessment data including observations, interviews, Curriculum Based Measures (CBM), standardized achievement tests, behavioral/social emotional rating scales, functional skills/adaptive rating scales, and other assessments assigned by school psychologist.
2. Gather information from a variety of sources, synthesize the information and write high quality, compliant documents as part of ETRs, IEPs and 504 plans.
3. Communicate in a manner which promotes problem solving and positive relationships with administration, school, parents, and others.
4. Coordinate and conduct IEP and 504 meetings and ensure proper documentation is filed and managed for school district.
5. Collaborate with other professionals including school psychologists, intervention specialists, related service staff, building principal, and special education supervisor(s)/administrator(s).
6. Provide intervention assistance service to school personnel, parents, and/or students; conduct assessments and screenings as appropriate.
7. Demonstrate ability to use technology associated with duties; access internet or software- based resources related to role responsibilities or student needs.
8. Adhere to State/Federal Laws and HCESC Policy and Procedures.
9. Follow ethical and professional practice standards and guidelines as defined by professional organizations as appropriate.
10. Satisfy role expectations of each work site within the realm of professional practice as defined and agreed upon by staff, district administration, and HCESC administration.
11. Protect confidentiality in all situations related to professional practice.
12. Facilitate appropriate district records and documents of student progress and program effectiveness.
13. Participate in professional growth and development through course work, seminars, professional reading, and membership in professional organizations; attend and participate in all HCESC in-service or staff meetings.
14. Serve as a resource to HCESC colleagues with organizational initiatives and projects.
15. Project a professional image through appearance and dress.
16. Punctual for meetings, appointments, work, and deadlines.
17. Maintain regular attendance.
18. Travel to various locations on an as needed basis.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND ADA STATEMENT:
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and endeavors to provide the highest quality service through employing professionals selected for their competence and expertise. The Governing Board of Hamilton County Educational Service Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), disability, age, religion, military status, ancestry, genetic information (collectively, “Protected Classes”), or any other legally protected category, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.
Submit Letter of Interest with Resume to:
Hamilton County Educational Service Center
11083 Hamilton Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45231
Attn: Chris Gilkey
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.