Hamilton County Educational Service Center
Center Director for Intervention and Support Services
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center has an opening for the position of Center Director for Intervention and Support Services for the 2021-2022 school year. JOB SUMMARY: To provide leadership for the Intervention and Support Services Center in the planning and supervision of the organization’s special education division of programs and services to districts and schools to ensure that the needs of all students are met and that all services are carried out in the most effective manner possible.
Master’s degree or higher with leadership experience in the area of pupil personnel and special education;
Valid Ohio’s Superintendent License preferred;
Minimum of three (3) years of administrative experience at the board level preferred;
Proven leadership & organizational skills
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as appropriate and acceptable;
. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide leadership in establishing educational and business objectives for the Center.
2. Provide leadership in the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of overall special education programs and services.
3. Supervise the communication of information regarding special education services to 400+ staff.
4. Understand and keep informed regarding laws, standards and all aspects of special education.
5. Conduct program evaluation to determine strengths and needs.
6. Work directly with customer districts and schools in the development of services.
7. Participate in visioning, strategic planning, and goal setting activities for the organization.
8. Work cooperatively with coordinators and supervisors in the strategic development of services within the business model.
9. Evaluate Center staff.
10. Maintain a collaborative relationship with the Ohio Department of Education, partner districts, community agencies, organizations and regional service centers.
11. Collaborate with ODE/OEC in the delivery of technical assistance and professional development to districts, career technology centers, community schools, families, and community agencies related to the provisions of special education services.
12. Provide leadership to and collaborate with the Ohio Region 13 directors of special education and student services.
13. Proactively respond to legislative action and efforts that impact provisions of educational services provided through the Center.
14. Develop financial goals, seek appropriate resources including grant opportunities and be accountable for results including budgeting, revenue projections and service costing and pricing.
15. Supervise and assist in recruiting, interviewing and selecting new staff members.
16. Provide recommendations and assist in the implementation and interpretation of Board Policy.
17. Provide evaluation support, including evaluation design, data collection, analysis and reporting for HCESC projects and services, as appropriate.
18. Maintain a collaborative relationship with the Ohio Department of Education, partner districts, community agencies, and other organizations.
19. Be proactive and responsive to legislative action and efforts that impact provisions of educational services.
20. Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year as established by the Governing Board. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND ADA STATEMENT: The Hamilton County Educational Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and endeavors to provide the highest quality service through employing professionals selected for their competence and expertise. No one will be discriminated against on the basis of color, age, origin, race, gender, religion, marital status, military service or disability.
Confidential inquiries may be directed to Greg Hester, Executive Director of Human Resources.
Resumes will be accepted until the close of business on Wednesday, May 26, 2021.
Submit Letter of Interest with Resume to: Hamilton County Educational Service Center
11083 Hamilton Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45231
Attn: Greg Hester firstname.lastname@example.org 513-674-4248
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.