Hamilton County Educational Service Center
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center has an opening for an Anticipated School Nurse for the 2021-2022 school year.
SUMMARY: To provide comprehensive school health services that support the educational mission and goals of the school/district, promote good health practices of the school community, and meet local and state mandates. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
1. Registered Nurse Licensure in good standing with the Ohio Board of Nursing.
2. Ohio Department of Education School Nurse Licensure
3. Must be able to travel to various locations on a daily basis.
1. Develops and implements school health services based upon assessed health needs of students, staff and the expectations of parents, school personnel and administration.
2. Develops clear goals for the school health services that are appropriate to the school community.
3. Evaluates school health services, programs, and specific activities based upon data collection and feedback from appropriate sources.
4. Participates in identifying, planning and providing health/safety curricula and instruction, health/safety materials, and health/safety promotion activities for the school community.
5. Participates in or advises regarding school/district wellness initiatives.
6. Formulates, revises, and implements school health policies and procedures, in collaboration with school administrators, that are in accordance with local and state laws, boards of health guidelines, and HCESC school nursing procedures.
7. Maintains an identifiable school health clinic equipped to provide required school health screenings, management of chronic health conditions and basic first aid care for students and staff.
8. Maintains required student health records and related documentation of school nursing services.
9. Delegates nursing tasks to unlicensed assistive personnel in accordance with the rules set forth by the Ohio Nurse Practice Act and HCESC school nursing procedures.
10. Effectively manages time and organizes the workload to meet demands, schedules, and deadlines.
11. Demonstrates knowledge of child and adolescent development appropriate for the age of student population being served.
12. Demonstrates medical knowledge and skill in nursing techniques and performs skilled nursing procedures in a safe, competent and efficient manner.
13. Protects the well being of students and school personnel through the recognition, prevention and management of communicable disease and safety problems within the school community.
14. Conducts selected health screening programs for identified grades, initiates health referrals and implements appropriate follow-up activities.
15. Assesses the acute and chronic health status of students/staff, provides appropriate nursing interventions/care, in accordance with current emergency and nursing standards of care and HCESC nursing protocols, and evaluates outcomes of interventions.
16. Engages in health and emergency planning for individual students with medical needs and for the larger school community.
17. Maintains current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification.
18. Identifies and initiates referrals to appropriate health, community and social service agencies and acts as the liaison for students, families, and school personnel.
19. Understands and uses technology, as available, to maximize efficiency and support professional responsibilities.
20. Follows standards of professional and ethical nursing practice and guidelines as defined by such organizations as the American Nurses Association, Ohio Board of Nursing, the National Association of School Nurses and the Ohio Association of School Nurses and HCESC policies and school nursing procedures.
21. Protects confidentiality of students, and families, and school personnel.
22. Acquires and maintains current knowledge and competency in school nursing practice through participation in professional growth activities including educational programs, self study and membership in school nursing professional organizations.
23. Displays professional behavior in regard to appearance, demeanor, punctuality and attendance.
24. Communicates in a manner that promotes collaboration and positive relationships with administration, staff, parents, interdisciplinary colleagues, and others.
25. Uses professional and effective written, verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
26. Collaborates with other school professionals, parents and caregivers to meet student health, developmental, and educational needs.
27. Collaborates with the HCESC school nursing staff, interdisciplinary colleagues, and supervisor to enhance professional practice and the health care of students.
28. Conducts self-evaluation implementing constructive feedback and recommendations to improve practice.
29. Professionally engages in and completes other duties as assigned.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary to be established by the Board.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND ADA STATEMENT: The Hamilton County Educational Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and endeavors to provide the highest quality service through employing professionals selected for their competence and expertise. No one will be discriminated against on the basis of color, age, origin, race, gender, religion, marital status, military service or disability.
Complete Application on line at www.ohioteachingjobs.org
Submit Resume with Letter of Interest to:
Hamilton County Educational Service Center
ATTN: Brenda Hodge
11083 Hamilton Ave Cincinnati, OH 45231
Brenda.email@example.com Fax: 513-742-8339
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.