Hamilton County ESC
TITLE: Anticipated- Intervention Specialist – Social Communication Room 2023-2024
QUALIFICATIONS: Degree from an accredited college or university; Valid license and/or endorsement in the main content area taught and for the grade level(s) of job availability- Ohio K-12 Intervention Specialist licensure required (mild to moderate or moderate to severe based on job posting needs); Travel to various locations as the assignment requires
REPORTS TO: Behavioral Health and Mental Wellness Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: To provide academic and behavioral instruction, supports, and services in a public school to students with educational disabilities experiencing behavioral and/or mental-health needs, the goal being to return those students to less-restrictive environments operated by their public-school districts.
1. Adhere to federal, state, and local laws/guidelines in the education of students with educational disabilities.
2. Maintain all required paperwork relating to the academic and behavioral instruction, supports, and services for all assigned students, including evaluation team reports (ETRs), Individual Education Plans (IEPs), functional behavioral assessments (FBAs), behavior intervention plans, report cards, IEP progress reports, daily behavioral ratings, Critical Incident Reports, Office Discipline Referrals, and any other assigned report.
3. Provide academic instruction in all assigned areas utilizing the assigned districts adopted curriculum and in alignment with Ohio Academic Content Standards and researched-based best practices.
4. Prepare unit and lesson plans utilizing the assigned districts adopted format and including learning goals and objectives, pre-assessment strategies, instructional strategies, differentiation strategies, and post-assessment strategies. Incorporate Ohio Academic content standards; including audio and visual supports, communication, self-help skills, and vocational skills through a multi-sensory approach as determined by program/ student need.
5. Ensure constant supervision for all assigned students.
6. Assist in escorting students to all assigned areas within the building, including up and down stairs.
7. Provide behavioral instruction (e.g., Positive Behavior Supports, social skills, self-regulation, and communication) utilizing the assigned districts adopted curriculum and in alignment with researched-based best practices.
8. Assist with functional behavioral assessment and behavior intervention planning for all assigned students.
9. Implement identified behavioral interventions with integrity to their design and in alignment with research-based best practices.
10. Implement Nonviolent (Safety) Crisis Intervention at any time necessary to ensuring the care, welfare, safety, and security of students, staff, and building visitors.
11. Communicate effectively and collaborate with school administration, teachers, parents and colleagues.
12. Supervise assigned Teacher Assistant, utilizing collaborative problem solving in those instances where concerns arise and bringing on-going, unresolved concerns to the attention of the Program Supervisor.
13. Complete alternative assessment (AA) testing with designated students.
14. Collaborate with school team to determine program outcomes, criteria, and eligibility.
15. Maintain and provide appropriate documentation of student progress and program effectiveness.
16. Promote positive public relations with schools and its community.
17. Actively participate in ongoing professional growth and share learning with colleagues.
18. Serve as a resource to HCESC colleagues with organizational initiatives and projects.
19. May be required to provide service in a separate discipline within areas of licensure.
20. Perform other duties as assigned
21. Be familiar with the mission and vision of the Hamilton County Educational Service Center and actively seek to further its core values and principles.Submit Resume with Letter of Interest to:
Hamilton County ESC
11083 Hamilton Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45231
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.