Hamilton County Educational Service Center
ESL Itinerant Teacher
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center has an anticipated opening for the position of ESL Itinerant Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. Resumes will be accepted until positions are filled.
To serve as a provider, resource, collaborator, consultant and partner to school districts by providing English as a Second Language Services and leadership in the field.
Candidate must hold a valid teaching certificate within the state of Ohio with an endorsement in TESOL.
Minimum of three to five years’ experience teaching English as a Second Language serving the Limited English
Proficient student population.
Teaching experience K-12 may vary. Co-teaching experience strongly preferred.
Outstanding personal/interpersonal skills.
Excellent organizational skills; ability to keep concise records.
Sensitivity to the developmental stages of children; sensitivity to second language development/acquisition and cultural awareness.
Openness towards parent communication.
Experience with technology in facilitating instruction.
Willingness to be flexible in terms of teaching assignment within the school setting.
1. Establish lesson plans and implement curriculum based on Ohio’s English Language Proficiency Standards.
2. Implement classroom activities that support curriculum and student learning.
3. Assist in establishing effective daily teacher schedules.
4. Demonstrate flexible teaching: whole-group, small group, individual student and co-teaching.
5. Monitor ELs progress in English (reading, writing, listening and speaking), content-area classwork, attendance, and general school behavior.
6. Administer assessments of language proficiency tests for ELs, both initial and yearly standardized, and maintains all documentation thereof.
7. Prepare and maintain all LEP Plans required for state documentation for ELs on caseload.
8. Show knowledge of a wide range of academic scaffolds and accommodations and use of those within the content-area classroom.
9. Collaborate with content-area teacher to support ELs’ academic success. Knowledge of co-teaching and relationship-building skills to support ELL student learning within the classroom.
10. Promote collaboration and team-building. Builds rapport with staff and community.
11. Assess the accomplishments of the EL on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
12. Have knowledge of the MTSS/RtI process and seeks support of appropriate specialists when need arises.
13. Provide support to ELLs with disabilities.
14. Meet with, facilitates and documents communication with, parents while providing opportunities for acculturation and socialization within the American school setting. Assists teachers throughout the building in
fostering this communication as well.
15. Provide technical assistance and generalized support to content-area teachers regarding ELs.
16. Provide training and assistance to buildings and individual teachers to ensure appropriate identification of ELLs, support and service of ELLs and general classroom accommodations for ELs.
17. Attend all staff meetings, team meetings, trainings and professional development as required.
18. Maintain appropriate reports and documentation for all ELs as needed.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary as per current salary schedule.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND ADA STATEMENT:
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and endeavors to provide the highest quality service through employing professionals selected for their competence and expertise. No one will be discriminated against on the basis of color, age, origin, race, gender, religion, marital status, military service or disability.
Submit your application to: www.ohioteachingjobs.org
Submit Resume with Letter of Interest to:
Hamilton County ESC
Connie Reyes – Rau
11083 Hamilton Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45231
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.