Hamilton County Educational Service Center
Accounting Specialist II- Payroll
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center is seeking applicants for an open position within the Treasurer’s office for Accounting Specialist II- Payroll. This posting will be in effect until the position is filled.
1. Enter new employees into the payroll software system.
2. Work with the Assistant to the Treasurer to balance the payroll prior to printing payroll checks.
3. Generate payroll reports for agency checks prior to printing.
4. Enter and check all dock amounts provided by the Human Resources Department.
5. Print and prepare payroll and agency checks for disbursement.
6. Issue stop payments on lost or misplaced payroll checks and reissue replacement checks. Enter transaction into the accounting system.
7. Balance and prepare data for W-2.
8. Update employee address files.
9. Prepare ODJFS reports and transmit to the Data Center.
10. Prepare Retirement, Medicare and City Tax Reports monthly, quarterly, and annually. File in appropriate files.
11. Verify the accuracy of time sheets for substitutes, part-time employees, and students.
12. Respond to employee questions regarding payroll deductions and calculations.
13. Assist the Treasurer by preparing reports for the State Teacher’s Retirement and the School Employee Retirement Systems.
14. Balance and prepare the year-end reconciliation transmittals
15. Maintain a separate cover sheet for each payroll indicating changes for each payroll.
16. Maintain calendars for all employees and enter into the payroll system.
17. Assist employees in setting up direct deposits.
18. Assist the Treasurer in auditing, reviewing and evaluating payroll procedures and internal controls.
19. Archiving payroll documents.
A high school diploma is required; however, a bachelor’s degree or higher with school experience in accounting is preferred. The position requires excellent analytical skills, including the ability to perform proficiently in Excel, Word, and take initiative and make decisions based on information provided. Knowledge and experience in State Software is preferred.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The position is a year-round position with salary based on placement on the Board approved salary schedule. The position offers benefits.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.