Hamilton County ESC
Physical Therapist- Full Time
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center has an opening for the position of Physical Therapist-Full Time for the 2023-2024 school year. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To identify, evaluate and provide specialized physical therapy interventions to students who evidence skill deficits that affect school performance and access.
1. Provide screenings, evaluations, and interventions to support students in the school environment through an inter-disciplinary process.
2. Assist in the development and monitoring of individualized educational goals and strategies based on data and maintain student documentation.
3. Utilize good body mechanics, physical strength and mobility to include lifting and moving children, demonstrating requested activities ( i.e. jumping, running, hopping, crawling, lifting and managing materials, etc.), completing wheelchair transfers to a variety of surfaces, moving up and down from the floor, as well as using, moving and managing adaptive equipment and materials.
4. Demonstrate competence in knowledge and execution of physical therapy within the educational setting to include general and gross motor development, neuromuscular control, balance coordination, sensory / motor integration, postural control, and functional movement strategies.
5. Develop and implement appropriate physical therapy interventions and strategies to improve and maintain the functional performance and participation
6. Assist in identification and provision of specialized and adaptive equipment to aid the child in mobility, physical activity, communication skills, social interaction, self-care and postural support.
7. Communicate and collaborate with educational team members, including teachers, administrators, parents, outside agencies to meet students’ individualized needs.
8. Direct and supervise the activities of the certified physical therapy assistant when appropriate.
9. Participate in professional development to stay current in “best practice” techniques, maintain licensure and improve job performance.
10. Utilize own transportation to carry out school assignments, transport and manage instructional materials.
11. Comply with local, state and federal regulations
12. Maintain policies and procedures of Hamilton County Educational Service Center.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Benefits and retirement in keeping with employer’s policy.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND ADA STATEMENT:
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and endeavors to provide the highest quality service through employing professionals selected for their competence and expertise. No one will be discriminated against on the basis of color, age, origin, race, gender, religion, marital status, military service or disability.
Complete on-line application at www.ohioteachingjobs.org and
Submit Letter of Interest with Resume to:
Hamilton County Educational Service Center
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.