Hamilton County ESC
TITLE: EDUCATIONAL SPECIALIST
Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited college or university with Ohio
Licensure/Certification; Master’s Degree and 2 years of experience in licensed field and
experience with educational assessment and interpretation preferred.
Intervention and Support Services Supervisor
To collaborate with educational team members in the collection, interpretation, and summarization
of academic and behavioral assessments in order to best develop intervention planning and
assistance services that address student, staff, and school community needs.
1. Collects, administers, scores, interpret and summarizes assessment data including:
observations, interviews, Curriculum Based Measures (CBM), standardized achievement tests,
behavioral/social emotional rating scales, functional skills/adaptive rating scales, and other
assessments assigned by school psychologist.
2. Conducts and writes record reviews and social developmental histories.
3. Communicates in a manner which promotes problem solving and positive relationships with
administration, school, parents, and others.
4. Collaborates with other professionals including school psychologist, intervention specialists,
related service staff, building principal, and special education supervisor(s)/administrator(s).
5. Assists with District academic universal screening.
6. Provides intervention assistance services to school personnel, parents, and/or students.
7. Demonstrates ability to use technology associated with duties; access internet or softwarebased resources related to role responsibilities or student needs.
8. Adheres to State/Federal Laws and HCESC Policy and Procedures.
9. Satisfies role expectations of each work site within the realm of professional practice as
defined and agreed upon by staff, district administration, and HCESC administration.
10. Protects confidentiality in all situations related to professional practice.
OTHER PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Travel to various locations on a daily basis.
2. Maintain appropriate records and documents of student progress and program effectiveness.
3. Promote positive public relations with school and community.
4. Actively participate in ongoing professional growth and share learning with colleagues.
5. Project professional image through appearance and dress.
6. Serve as a resource to HCESC colleagues with organizational initiatives and projects.
7. Be familiar with the mission and vision of the Hamilton County Educational Service Center and
actively seek to further its principles of service.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Salary as per current salary schedule.
2. School calendar(s) adopted or any amendments thereto – 191 days.
3. Perform all duties in connection with job assignment as directed.Job Description – Educational Specialist
Board Approved May 16, 2018
4. Abide by and maintain all rules, regulations and policies presently in existence, adopted or
amended hereafter by Hamilton County Educational Service Center during this contract
term for its government and the government of its employees and the pupils of the school
Professional personnel will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy
and the master agreement on evaluation
Please complete on-line application at www.ohioteachingjobs.org and submit resume to:
Supervisor – Intervention & Support Services
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org