Accounting Specialist II – Payroll and Fiscal Agent Support
The Hamilton County Educational Service Center has a part‐time opening for an Accounting Specialist II –Payroll and Fiscal Agent Support employee to work in the Treasurer’s office. Applications & resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
A high school diploma is required; however, a bachelor’s degree or higher with school experience in
accounting is preferred. The position requires excellent analytical skills, including the ability to perform
proficiently in Excel, Word, and take initiative and make decisions based on information provided. Knowledge
and experience in State Software is preferred.
Performs administrative and office support work for the Treasurer’s Office within a team‐based work
1. Supporting fiscal agent services within the Treasurer’s office
a. Create purchase orders
b. Prepare month‐end balancing spreadsheets
c. Track monthly payments
d. Monthly premium payments to insurance carriers
e. Prepare documents for annual audit review
2. Enter HCESC insurance/benefit deductions before each payroll into the payroll system
3. Enter HCESC voluntary deductions before each payroll into the payroll system
4. Assist COG payroll specialist with district payroll spreadsheets before each payroll
5. Employment verifications for HCESC and COG
6. Post‐payroll deductions payments for HCESC and COG
7. Assist HCESC and COG payroll specialists with entering new hires into the payroll system
8. Update employee address files
9. Prepare and pay Board members each quarter for meetings and mileage
10. Type and scan Board meeting minutes
11. Respond to employee questions regarding payroll deductions and calculations
12. Balance and prepare the year‐end reconciliation transmittal for federal withholding tax; Ohio, Kentucky
and Indiana State taxes; city taxes; and school taxes
13. Maintain calendars for all employees and enter into the payroll system
14. Archiving financial documents
15. Assume other duties as assigned
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Shall be appointed to a limited contract with the number of work days established by the employment
contract. Salary to be established by the Board.
Accounting Specialist‐II Payroll Support and Fiscal Agent Support will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s evaluation policy.
Submit Letter of Interest with Resume to:
Hamilton County Educational Service Center
11083 Hamilton Ave
Cincinnati OH 45231
Attn: Megan Jackson
Online application is required at www.ohioteachingjobs.org
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.