Horizon Science Academy Cincinnati
1. Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual,
dual or team sports, utilizing curriculum designated by Concept Schools and other
appropriate learning activities. (Ohio Learning Standards)
2. Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative
regulations and procedures.
3. Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning and implementing a balanced
physical education program.
4. Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games,
rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
5. Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division’s basic instructional
philosophy and congruent with course and Ohio Learning standards for PE; provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
6. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
7. Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of students.
8. Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, and keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
9. Maintains control of storage and use of school property.
10. Evaluates each student’s growth in physical skills, knowledge and contribution in team sports.
11. Communicates with parents on student progress.
12. Supervises students in out of classroom activities during the assigned working day.
Salary and Benefits: 35K+ (based on experience) Medical, Dental and Vision, STRS, PTO
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com